Sometimes I focus so hard on one thing that I lose track of everything else. This has happened this week. I have been so focused on the number of steps I’m doing to the point I comfortably exceed my daily goal by the time I get home so I’ve ended up eating tea then crashing on the sofa.
Whilst I am really pleased how well I have done on the exercise, I have been ignoring all my little daily routines which help to keep me on track. These include:
- Preparing clothes the night before
- Preparing food the night before
- Sorting bags each evening
- Checking emails, post etc
- Keeping on top of laundry
- Keeping kitchen clear
- Knowing what’s for tea
- Eating more slow cooked meals to free up time
The downside to ignoring my routines is the last couple of mornings not only have I struggled to get up, I have had to sort out my bags, food and clothes which combined has probably delayed me leaving the house. The knock-on effect is that it takes longer to get to work because the traffic is busier and I have to stay later at work to make the time up.
How do I stay on track?
There is no magic answer to this. I have one or two ideas to try.
- Do things as soon as I get home
- Review my to do list more frequently throughout the day so it is in the forefront of my mind what I need to do
- Not allow myself to sit down on the sofa until tasks are finished
- Eat my food at the dining table rather than the sofa so I get up again afterwards
- Trying to stay positive and motivated
- Resetting myself every day
Fingers crossed I will get back on track soon.