I started March all keen and roaring with enthusiasm as I began tackling some long-standing tasks that have been weighing on me for months. Unfortunately it didn’t last and over the last few days I have been struggling to stick to the plan and some of my old eating/spending habits have slipped back in. In just a few days I have regained some weight and am suffering from tiredness, insomnia and indigestion.
Getting back on track
The good news is that with almost any plan it is possible to press reset at any point. It doesn’t have to wait until a new year, month, week. Every day is a new day and a reset can be done at any point in the day. Just because the morning has gone down one path, it doesn’t need to continue. It is possible to change direction at any time. Today I find myself needing to press reset and it is actually a good time to reset. It is the spring equinox and apparently the international day of happiness. Equinoxes are all about balance. Day equals night and it is a great time to address all the imbalances in your life and identify what is required to restore the equilibrium.
Today I am asking myself the following questions:
- Am I happy?
- Is my home a happy one?
- Am I getting enough sleep?
- Am I drinking enough water? Are my consumption levels of alcohol, carbonated drinks or caffeinated drinks acceptable?
- Am I eating a balanced diet? Are my consumption levels of fat, sugar, fibre, carbs, protein, processed foods, fruit and veg acceptable?
- Is the amount of leisure time spent in front of a screen acceptable?
- Am I getting enough exercise?
- Am I spending the right amount of time at work? Am I taking sufficient breaks?
- Are my stress levels acceptable?
- Am I spending the right amount of time with family and friends?
- Am I doing enough of the things I enjoy?
- Am I free from any minor little health problems such as as digestive issues, skin complaints, aches and pains?
- Am I sticking to my budgets?
- Are my plans on track? Are they working for me?
To any of the questions I have answered no (and I already know there are going to be a few) I will be noting what I need to increase or let go of in order to bring my life back into balance.